First I started with a half skein of this super bright orange I had, I forgot to take a before shot, but I did have the washcloth I'd made with the original color...Lucky me! So it started out as this garish orange, and when I bleached it it turned into this very pretty orange and cream color. I was SO happy!!!
After balling it up I decided to make coasters for my teapot and cup. :D then with the remaining yarn I worked up into a set for my mom as well. It's a really great colors, I love the variegated look.
Since I had such good results with the first try I went out and bought some pink and purple cotton. I had some yellow already so decided to throw that in as well.
The purple dyed really well, and had a slight ombre look to it. The pink however, as soon as it touched the bleach water it started fading and before I could pull it out the bleach had sucked most of the color out. I'm not really pleased with the result of it.
I haven't made anything with these yet, but I will soon I think. I might experiment with making water toys for summer, but instead of filling them with cotton stuff them with kitchen sponges instead. Who knows...it might work!